Sustainability & Growth Strategy
Doctor of Research in Management (DRM)
“Turning Rigor into Relevance”
SUSTAINABILITY & GROWTH STRATEGY
World class doctoral program in management, continuously pursuing excellence in research by combining science, best practice, and leverage of ICT.
The Doctor of Research in Management (DRM) is a doctoral level program in management which emphasizes the development of knowledge in management by combining the elements of science, best practices, and use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Doctor of Research in Management – Sustainability & Growth Strategy (DRM-SGS) dwells into the root of the role of strategy in management: defining organization’s positioning, making trade offs, and forging fit among activities.
The program is designed to be accomplished in 6 (six) semesters, which consists of 46 SKS including dissertation. Each student draws on the faculty’s diverse expertise and varied interests to develop high quality research uniquely suited to his or her interests. The program encourages students to gain research experience by working closely with faculty on a variety of industry projects and on alignment of research roadmaps.
- Being recognized by industry and peer of similar programs as the source of outstanding consultants, and business leaders capable in facing the dynamics of management theories and practices, to improve the quality of life and the competitiveness level of Indonesia.
- Proving an excellent advanced education/research environment, that attracts potential qualified researchers and industry practitioners to take up the doctoral program.
- Graduates will be able to analyze the current industry best practices, develop a quality research proposal, and embark on the required research for improvement and or innovations for the enhancement of best practices.
- Graduates will be able to utilize and embrace the development in ICT as leverage in their research.
- To provide students with current industry best practices as the basic for further research in the improvement and or innovation related initiatives.
- To provide students with access to development in ICT as the key ingredients and or differentiators of their research.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
The graduates of DRM could take up one or combination of the following roles:
- As industry Consultants, actively conducting high profile consulting projects with leading companies and producing copyrighted frameworks and or white papers.
- As Business Leaders, actively leading research based initiatives and actions in their respective company and becoming agent of change in the improvement and or innovation of industry best practices.
Research Proposal, Research Finding and Defense 1 and Defense 2
Empirical Projects Assignment
Projects on Selected Readings
Projects on Research Design and Model Building
Project on Performance and Growth
Philosophy of Business
Business Research and Dissertation Writing
Competitive Strategy Dynamics
Seminar on ICT for Growth and Competitiveness
Project on Performance and Growth
- Some Courses may be subject to changes
- Class will be cancelled if there are less than 15 students enrolled
Why DRM SGS is the Right Choice for Executives
- DRM SGS is more than just an Executive Development Program. While EDP focuses more on practical managerial skills which can directly be applied on day to day professional activities, DRM SGS emphasizes the balance between rich, rigorous research in management with relevant, significant enhancement of business best practices through appropriate use of ICT for competitive advantage.
- With support from BINUS’ strong IT infrastructure, DRM SGS conducts virtual coaching sessions for selected courses whereby the coach and the participants could interact and share progress on a given projects/assignments through online live video conference and discussion forum.
- DRM SGS provides a very structured program design, qualified lecturers and mentors having PhD and industry experience, and solid ICT infrastructure to support the academic process, right from the beginning of the program. With these excellent combination of features and contents, DRM SGS is committed to cultivating future business leaders and industry consultants, with dissertations containing original insights and implications, within 6 semesters.
The period of Doctoral of Research in Management Strategy and Growth is 36 months (6 Semester), class on every Saturday at the prestigious Joseph Wibowo Center for Advance Learning, Virtual coaching session on every Thursday evening for selected courses.
all delivery of class materials is in English and class is conducted in Bahasa.
|Date||Every Wednesday and Saturday|
|Time||On Wednesday : 18.00 – 21.00 (Online Class)|
|On Saturday : 09.00 – 12.00 + 13.00 – 16.00|
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Harjanto Prabowo, MM
- Prof. Dr. Drs. Gerardus Polla, M.App.Sc.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Satryo Soemantri Brodjonegoro
- Prof. Ir. Bahtiar S. Abbas, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Prof. Dr. Mts. Arief, MBA, CPM
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Edi Abdurachman, MS, M.Sc.
- Prof. Tirta Nugraha Mursitama, S.Sos., M.M., Ph.D.
- Prof. Dr. Adler Haymans Manurung, ME., M.Com.
- Prof. Nizam Jim Wiryawan
- Asnan Furinto, ST, MBA, Dr.
- Boto Simatupang, Ir., MBP, Dr.
- Dewi Fitriasari, Ph.D, CSRS, CMA
- Dyah Budiastuti, Dr.
- Engkos Achmad Kuncoro, SE, MM, Dr.
- Firdaus A. Alamsjah, Ir., MSIE, Ph.D.
- Ford Lumban Gaol, S.Si., M.Kom., Dr.
- Idris Gautama So, Ph.D
- Joseph F.P. Luhukay, Ph.D
- Jap Tji Beng, Ir., MM, Ph.D
- Moh. Hamsal, Ir., MSE, MQM, MBA, Dr.
- Pantri Heriyati, SE, M.Com., Dr.
- Raymondus Raymond Kosala, ST, M.Eng., MBA, Ph.D.
- Stephanus Remond Waworuntu, SE, MBA, Dr.
- Sri Bramantoro Abdinagoro, ST, MM, Dr.
- Toto Rusmanto, M.Comm., Ph.D
“The program is designed for middle and senior managers, aiming to reach the C-suite posts with unique strength in research skills to solve industry problems, and at the same time to contribute to the body of knowledge in management. DRM SGS prepares future’s industry leaders with a whole new, redefined sets of scholarly skills.”
Prof. Dr. Ir. Edi Abdurachman, MS., M.Sc.
DIRECTOR OF BINUS GRADUATE PROGRAM